Wednesday, February 22, 2012

what the what?

Hear ye, hear ye...'Tis the Gospel in its purest form...

"God created us to know and enjoy Him, and we rebelled by trying to be our own gods.

But instead of punishing us as we deserve, He sent His Son to live the life we couldn't and be punished in our place.

Since Jesus was punished in our place, our sin can be forgiven and we can be reconciled to God."

The fact that Jesus arose from the grave says that God accepted His payment for our sin.

Whoa. My Redeemer lives.
He pursues me. He has rescued me.

God is satisfied with Jesus' payment as my own for my own wretched sin. How can this be? Grace.

What could I have done on my own to make myself right with God? Absolutely nothing. For I was dead when I realized that I needed to be made right at all. Christ literally had to do it all for me because I am weak and helpless on my own.

I have nothing good within me...in fact, it is by His grace alone that I am not acting on all my sin in a way that causes my severely evil outbursts in my behavior. No, He is sanctifying my sin and growing me in His image. Thank you, God. Because I am evil, but I truly want nothing to do with evil.

I pray that I will be continuously repulsed by my own sin and grow in a holy affection to seek out Your word and Your work and Your goodness.,.

May my eyes be turned to what stirs my affections for you and not for what pleases myself so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment