Thursday, March 1, 2012

oh la la, its march y'all

What have I done this week? Been totally productive, thats what. Im really taking this learning to sew thing seriously and Im pretty pumped about it. I found some pretty fabric in the salvation army last week, and some awesome fabric in a craft store. These paired with my craving to be useful and nearly idle hands, and a pattern for direction of course, and I have a plan for my own clothing!! They truly are going to be my own style and Im thrilled to be making stuff with my own hands.

this pattern:



















make these cut outs:















That will soon resemble a dress. 

The pleats on this thing are wild. None symmetrical. But thats my favorite part. I have finished the skirt part, complete with pockets. I just have to figure how to get the waistband securing the bodice to the skirt. Should I finish it in time, I shall debut it to my date to the premiere of the Hunger Games! Whatup!

P.S. #goalupdate... I have read the Hunger Games twice now and will be finally starting on the sequel tomorrow. I have made skirts, and am making this dress. I hemmed all of JLo's curtains. I have been reading Legacy of Biblical Womanhood and really growing in my understanding of covenant calling. And I had a hard conversation with one of my target girls. This has been a prroductive weeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment