Tuesday, February 7, 2012

oh the tanning bed burn...

I am thankful to have access to a tanning bed for free at my apartment complex. this is ballin. yeah, yeah I know that they are terrible for you, but I do believe in the sovereignty of the Lord who directs my life and as soon as He wants to take me out of this world, He will. Just hoping He so kindly produces a lovely husband for me before that happens...

Anyway, today a sewed and entire skirt for myself! With a lovely floral pattern and pink/white seersucker pockets and waist. I am so proud. Next I will be making my sister one for her birthday with a very customized print. I am excited for that one!

Great week planned, lots of sewing and planning, and driving to Mobile! I cant wait to get the show on the road. I have to pack up a little of everything in the wardrobe. I cant wait to spend time with family, along with Britney and Cheryl!

I really do need to be doing some more reading, but that will have to wait.

I am certainly humbled lately about how the Lord chooses to use us to bring others to His glory. He can even make someone be so attracted to the beauty and irresistibleness of the Holy Spirit that they think they  might be in fact wildly attracted to the person who simply has a relationship with the Lord. I certainly believe that those who have been given a new heart in place of the dead stone heart mentioned in Isaiah something are such beautiful people. What a lovely spirit the Lord puts about those that are His children. The existence of the Holy Spirit in a person can make another person basically chase their relationship with God until the pursuer has found truth on His own. But this still is the workings of the Lord. He magnificently points us to Himself using people, things, tragedy, words, all things are His subject. Nothing can escape His plan. How beautiful it is that we can do nothing on our own, but are commanded to trust fully on Christ for salvation and for life. If this doesnt make me excited, then smack me around and get me in the word because I need some Jesus in my life to make me grateful and humble to His work! He tells me that He plans good works for us to do in His glory. I never know what these will be, or could be. But it has come to my attention that some of these ways are simply by peppering my language and conversation, and this is because of my love for Christ and inability to stop talking about Him, with words of salt and truth. I just cant control who can be listening to me or who may be incredible changed by something that I say. This is what makes leading others so fascinating to me. The saying is certainly true, "More is caught than taught." I have just got to love Him and serve Him each day and pray to make Him known in all that I do. It is He who directs my steps.

May my language be ever careful to speak of love and truth with the confidence that His word does not come back void. May I love the gospel and the redeeming of souls much more than the potential awkwardness of talking about my faith. I dont care if someone doesnt want to hear it. It just may change their lives.

Let me become a woman from Proverbs 31:10-31 that I may always glorify the Lord in my actions and thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment