Monday, February 6, 2012

slacking...

I definitely have been failing on the blogging front. But then again, I did begin this journey with being honest with myself that I might let myself down... I have made some huge discoveries about life that I wish I had the energy to think through again and type out, but I have been feeling quite sickly as of yesterday and this short post is just going to have to do.

I have been growing a ton in dgroup already. The Lord has prompted me to just think about life, my struggles, my wounds, and He has let me bump shoulders with some awesome women that have made me so glad that I know them. They are teaching me a lot. Lots about true companionship. I am so thankful!

Jess and I have decided that we are each others closest thing to a relationship right now. Haha. And have concluded that we are content with being each other's closest person and that there are no boys to be our person right now. This is the single life. And we are embracing it. We have had so many adventures, and I think Colleen thinks we are nuts, but she has been taking care of us in our sickness today. She is great.

Sidenote, I looooove the fact that I can hear trains from my bed. It makes me think of my Memaws house. She is beyond precious. I got to take Jessica home with me last week and she got to hang out with them and see my funny family. It just never ceases, the silliness. But that's my life and I love it oh so much!

I love what Jesus is teaching me right now about life, joy abundant, womanhood, and freedom right now. More to come on this as I process.

As for my #goalupdate, I am currently reading the Hunger Games for the 2nd time and I plan to read the rest of the trilogy as soon as I get back from Mardi Gras in Mobile with Arby and Julie. This weekend will certainly have a post on its own!

My next goal is to be reading this gem for sunday school :)

not sure how it got this backwards way, but oh well. I expect it to be amazing, especially since Ms. Scottie is teaching us from it. She has so much wisdom! I know that I will be documenting much of her wisdom from this class.

Praise the Lord! for goodness, and for silliness :)

1 comment: