Monday, January 2, 2012

Life on the Savannah

Its January 2012. My life is no longer segmented into "semesters" as I have finally graduated from the university. I sit here at my mom's house watching the Golden Girls, and Im filled with wonder as to what my life will be filled with from this point until my hair is topped with the white haired crown of womanly wisdom. This is definitely a new chapter, full of possibilities. I can pretty much do whatever I want to.

So I have decided to make a few goals for myself. In increments of 1, 3, 6, and 12 months, I shall tackle things that will teach me about life in 2012. I hope I dont abandon any of these, but lets get real. Im a human woman stumbler who cant really drive and I may let some of them down. But I'll do my best. I will certainly add to my goal list as I go along this year. Im sure my life will change in unexpected ways because I am living by faith and trusting the Lord for my life. Or at least get bored or realize that I cant change the whole world right now, but hey I can dreeeam! After all, He is the one who redeemed me and has prepared good works for me in advance for me to do.

Ok. I am brainstorming these now...

I. In the next month:
A. Move in one of my very best friends into 204A!!- Jessica will be moving in soon and I am super pumped to introduce her to my precious town!
B. Ask 3 girls to pray about being in a discipleship group with me- I need them in my life! All the times that I have lead girls have been the times when I have felt most useful to the Lord. I know this isnt the purpose of discipleship, but I want to get my hands dirty in the work of the Lord in building laborers for His Kingdom. I need to grow in Kingdom-mindedness.
C. Have difficult conversations with girls in my life- Im a girl and I have conflict. I need to resolve this. Also, I need to be speaking truth into the lives of my peers. I pray for wisdom and the Holy Spirit to prepare our hearts for this one.
D. Read more books- This month, the Help and the Hunger Games.

II. In the next 3 months:
A. Grow in my Prayer Life- I have got to live with more dependence on the Lord. This is going to come with consistent prayer that is persistent, rude, and raw with my Redeemer.
B. Distress my dresser- I want the one I have to match the sweet blue vintage one that I got at the Antique store last month. My Antiquey/Trendy little room and apt are coming along nicely.
C. Make my ADPi t-shirt quilt- I got a sewing machine for christmas and I am thrilled to begin getting crafty.
D. Take the MAT and apply for Grad school- yep... I'm going back. To UNA. Community Counseling. More on this later...

III. In the next 6 months:
A. Be intentional with girls- I want to meet with a sorority sister, a friend, someone new at least once a week to get to know them or to get in the word. I need more one-on-ones!
B. Meet with a woman of my church, Redeemer Women, each week- I looooooove my church and I want to be growing from its leadership and direction. Since I have joined, I am under their authority and I want to share the hearts of their women ane be able to minister to them, coffee dates or laundry or cleaning thier house, as they minister to me by sharing their lives with me.

IV. In the next year:
A. Pray for contentment- As a woman, this is my great curse. I want to be thankful each that I am alive because it means that I am living for an eternity spent with my Redeemer. my life is about Jesus and that makes me glad where ever I am.
B. Seek joy- God commands us to be happy, to rejoice in Him. He is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him. I will be praying for my mind to be transformed by the Holy Spirit so that I may be content in where He has me to go or what He has me to do.

I hope this will be a good year. Otherwise I'll be pissed. haha. Maybe through some prayer, living life in community, and trying new things to expand my mind, I hope to be one step closer to this Proverbs 31 woman that everyone wants to be.

Whatever happens... He calls me Daughter, no matter how many times I screw up.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Savvi... I'm so glad you started this blog. The first year after college was the hardest for me... and that's what i've consistently heard from friends. But its also a sweet year where God grows us and matures us in so many ways. It will be a great things to document all the ups and downs and all the lessons he's teaching you! He has goals for you this year too, and you can delight in His plan as much as your own. I think you've set some wonderful goals, and I hope you are able to feel success in them! I can't wait to play a part in helping you reach those goals as we start to really share life together! I'm so excited to be roommates. I already can see how much we can rub off on each other... and I cannot wait for you to start rubbing off on me!! I need a big dose of you in my life!! And, I'm about to get it! :) I can't wait!! See you... TOMORROW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAVANNAH!! I'm so glad you are in the blog world! I'm going to be on top of you now about updating so I know whats going on in your life! Miss you and LOVE you! Enjoy the freedom!

    ReplyDelete