Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Hunger Games

Well everyone is talking about it...and so am I. I mean, I wasn't a communication major for nothing. And apart from how amazing the story is, the media surrounding it and the tactics employed over the last year have been superb in reeling in the necessary fan base. It has been, as expected, wildly successful.

You must live under a rock to not know that I am of course talking about The HUNGER GAMES!!

The soundtrack was released in tuesday and it is literally incredible. I love every song. Especially 'Rules' which reviewers even called the weakest song on the disc. The songs are dark enough, but hopeful, just like the story. They were written with such intent as to really capture the emotions of different characters to connect listeners to them. AAHH it has just been done so well. Another fav is the last track, Just a Game by Birdy, powerful voice with stunning words of reality and a perfect finish to prepare us for Catching Fire.

I of course went to the midnight premiere with my girlfriends. We got there like 2 hours early to get good seats and paint our nails. It was so fun dressing up like the capitol, but with a fun Katniss braid and Mockingjay-esk dress (from book 2). Although I do wish that the row of 18 year olds behind us hadnt been acting like 8 year olds, but they calmed down enough. Why is it that you can always tell who the people who are definitely still in high school are??

I am pleased with the movie. Only complaint is obviously that they left out stuff. Some I can agree with more than other parts, characters, or elements that got left behind, but then again its runtime was only 2hrs26min. I, of course, would have been more satisfied with a rated R 8 hr film to linger on the greatness of the plot. But thats showbiz, folks!
I certainly loved that parts that gave more depth and dimension to whats happening at the headquarters of the arena. Im comforted and thankful that Ms. Collins co-wrote the screen play. This assures me that with her approval, this just captures the essence of the story in an abridged, easy to swallow version.

Overall...freaking loved it. So glad that I am going again tonight to see it. (funfact: in 2008, I experience my first mega cinema in a twice in 24hrs fashion with the Dark Knight. I totally dressed up as poison ivy for that one. Still on of my favs). Tonight I will also be debuing my first made from scratch dress. So excited.

P.S. #goalupdate... I finished my dress

No comments:

Post a Comment