Sunday, March 25, 2012

how do I share the gospel with you

Dear Sister-Friend, 


Your'e in my life and I love you with all my heart. You know that. I tell you often. But you will never let me into your heart and share with me what you are learning. We have grown up together and I know you have all the right sunday school answers. I am concerned that there are little to no fruit in your life. How do I ask you if you are really a believer? How do I ask you if you are resting in your own self and works instead of resting in the righteousness of Christ and His work on the cross for your salvation? It seems that you are frequently leaning on your service of others for security rather than the security of Christ that nothing can ever remove you from his hands and nothing you can ever do can make Him love you an more or any less. But our relationship is so highly emotional, how do I bring this up again when you constantly shut me out and refuse to have conversations of any even remote depth with me? Unfortunately, I have become resentful at every conversation we have because it seems it is always so trivial when I just want to know if or how Jesus is working in your heart that we may connect as true sisters and enjoy Jesus all the more together. I care about the details of your life, but less than I care about that you love Jesus above everything else ever. 


Ultimately, time is on my side. and you will probably live for another 60 years and you have this time for the Lord to change your heart. He has made many promises in the bible that took 50, 100, or 1000s of years to come to fruition. So I will keep trying to have intentional conversations with you and loving you as much as I can. My prayer will ever be that the Lord will give you ears to hear and a heart that is changed to flesh as He pursues you and draws you into Himself. I pray that I can help play a part in you hearing the truth of the gospel, but really its not up to me and I am trusting that He will do His good work in you and you will finally feel free to tell me all about it. 


Praise the Lord for His good works in us. 


Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear, and Grace my fears relieved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment