Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am thankful today that I have been given a flesh heart. The Lord has so softened me so that I may feel, feel Him, feel love for others, feel and know joy.. He has removed my obligation to try to fulfill the law so that I may gain salvation, and given me His righteousness to wear as a beautiful dress that I may walk in splendor into His loving arms that are wide open for me not matter what I have been doing or thinking. My sins are paid for. What a relief! I feel so emotional right now. Probably because I just watched greys anatomy and I am a total sap, but I am thankful for the emotions that I am able to feel. Today I have felt especially alive. I dont know why. But my life is happening and I am rejoicing that I have life, and full life abundantly. I could very well spend my days being sad and disappointed with my life, but I dont. The Lord has given me hope. And from this comes peace. What a blessing this is... Almost as awesome as the way His peace surpasses all understanding to guard my heart and mind for His purposes. Praise the Lord for His sovereignty and provision in my life that although trials come with a ferver sometimes, I have found that often we dont know joy on this side of suffering. I am simply overwhelmed with gratitude for life right now. Let me not waste this life, but be wiling to use it for a purpose bigger than me. I seek joy as a pray for contentment in where He has me now, especially as a single white female whose family has lots of questions regarding the whereabouts of my husband...thats ok! I shall conclude on this note, a note of rejoice. He came to redeem this broken world, and He is doing it one heart at a time. I am thankful that He pursued mine, and opened my eyes to the glorious truth that He reigns. Woohoo!

 P.S. #goalupdate I got out the new sewing machine tonight and made a giant pillowcase for my body pillow of this awesome yellow flower fabric that I bought with my Memaw a few days a ago. I experimented with the fancy stitches on the machine to make the top look like it was embroidered with turquoise leaves, which just happens to match the antique dresser (pictured in an earlier blog). Ill try to get a photo of the pillow too.
you may not can tell anything about the fancy stitch..but its there haha
peace and blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment