Sunday, April 1, 2012

You are Jealous for Your Glory

I struggle with Jealousy.

The Lord's Jealousy is just. He deserves to be praised above all things. He created all things, after all.

My sin comes in when I am unjustly jealous for my own glory.

I so often think that I should be glorified for my works,my relationships- man do I get territorial with those, my friendliness, my looks, my things, my creativity, my experience, my degree, my "love" for others, all things of myself. I mean, I have been praised for these things in the past, why shouldnt I expect it? Because its all unworthy of praise!

The Lord's holy and withstanding attributes are the only thing substantial enough for honest glory. He deserves it. He is Just, Trustworthy, Firm, Secure, Loving, Merciful, Faithful, Kind, Generous, Omnipotent, Forknowing,...He is truly astounding. He deserves all the praise he is jealous for.

Thank you, my Father God, for loving me when I feel like I should be treated like you. You forgive my sin when I am looking right past you.

I love you Lord.

May you be praised with my Life.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for your vulnerability!!! I think its powerful among sisterhood when you know all of ones sin, and they love you the same.
    ps. I was able to just read the last 5 posts, and i love you sharing your heart in every one of them!

    ReplyDelete